Right now life feels a little bizarre, isn’t it?
To beat the corona virus outbreak people are only left with one choice that is to hunker down at home. When you’re in lock down and not allowed to step outside your body requires extra care physically and mentally. There are only two ways to get out of this self-quarantine i.e super-ripped or in dire need of a diet.
All the gyms being closed, we need to learn new ways to stay fit at home. This is when the idea of home workout comes into the mind. It’s not easy switching to home workout- it takes a lot of self-motivation, little space, and consistency. By setting up a workout routine not only you will stay fit but will able to cope with anxiety issues related to the COVID pandemic.
Want to start your home workout routine but don’t have any equipment?
Home workouts don’t need tons of equipment or any equipment. You may think you have a limited choice if you don’t have all the equipment at home, but that’s not the case. All you need is your body weight to see results. You can do body weight exercises to work almost every muscle in your body. Yes, you heard it right! For quads- you can do squats, for your butt- you can do the hip thrust, for chest- you can do push ups and for core- you do a plank for long as you can.
When it comes to body weight exercises there are infinite options that can be done at home without equipment or training. A bunch of them have been rounded up here for you.
One of the most effective body weight exercises is Push-ups. This exercise targets your chest, triceps, and shoulder muscles.
- Start with your hands flat on the ground about shoulder-width apart at a high plank position.
- Keeping your body straight and inhale as you bend towards the ground.
- Exhale while getting back to the initial position.
Do as many as reps you can while maintaining the right posture.
2.Swimming Pilates Exercise
This exercise is good for the backside of the body. It is excellent for preventing back pain and getting good posture.
- Lay down on your stomach and extend your arms forward(just like superman)
- All you have to do is lift your arms, chest, and legs in the air and squeeze your glutes.
- Hover your arms and legs up and down while holding them away from the ground.
- Bulgarian Split Squat
Bulgarian split squat isn’t a zero equipment exercise but perfectly fits home workout routine. All you need is a couch, a small table, or a bench. This exercise is for the lower body including quads, glutes, calves, and inner thighs.
- Stand with your back to the bench. Place your right foot on the bench leaving your left foot at the ground.
- Bend your knees to do your split squat. 90-degree angle should be formed by your left knee.
- Push yourself back with the left foot to the initial position.
Try to do 15-20 reps on each leg.